Thursday, May 15, 2008

about good book for studying English

Hello everyone!
Already in the middle of May.

In the March, I just worried too much about time's flying, however I really want to finish this course as soon as possible. Becase of my sons. I really love this cousre and I feel I am blessed very much to have this great chance. I try to be a better teacher and give back what I've experienced here to everyone.

Anyhow my question is that, "Do you have any good books which you've studied related to English learning? Right now I'm reading newpapers. Recommend me any good books, please.

7 comments:

jaejoon said...

I'd recommend the book 'Tuesdays with Morris.' It is a very touching story and easy to read. It was the first English book I finished reading. At the end of the story, I almost cried.

Nicole said...

Hi Hanah,
Great question!

I would recommend reading a book in a genre that you enjoy because, as you know, motivation is very important.

The mother blog is at;
http://nicolesconversationclasses.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I'd like to recommend the book 'Sophie's philosopy.' It's a little bit old book. It's very instructive and interesting. Also it's easy to understand. If you start to read it, you never sleep to finish it.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hnah.
I strongly recommend "the giver" by Lois Lowry. A few year ago, I read this book and I got really touched by it. I heard it is very famouse book for student in USA. It is not difficult. But It contains the profound context which we have to think about for our happy lives.

Donna said...

You know what? You are studying on the table on my back now. Everytime when i drop by study nook to use computer in the morning, you are busy with studying and that deligent attitude of you often motivates me.^^
Well,my answer is Principles of Language Learning and Teaching by Douglas Brown. The other classmates already recommended good essay book, i wanted to tell you different kind of book. Since this book is for English education mojor, hopefully you may get a lot of tips about teaching and learning English.

Anonymous said...

Hi Hanah,
I have no idea about good books. How about giving me information?
When I was a university student, I liked "Pride and Prdjudice". Maybe you already read. After this program, I will try to read a lot.

justin said...

Hi, Henna
I heard from a woman who studied English and French at a same time.
She listened one material again again until she could understand it perfectly. She practiced listening in the subway to the school for 3 years. I think it is one of the good methods.